Friday 21 September 2012

Lets run away and get married . . . .

. . . .the words I long to hear! Ha ha!

My lovely friend told me today that she and her partner have decided to go away and get married, just them a few very close friends and their children. No extended family, no party, no hassle!

I guess luckily they both want the same thing. I agree with them I think getting married is about the two people getting married, not about what Great Auntie Doris thinks! The idea of the planning a wedding fills me with absolute dread! 

My suggestion has always been we get married in a registrars office then have a blessing in Church, although we could get married in church, there wouldn't be a problem. The problem is the party after! 

I don't think we would manage to have a lovely day without some kind of complaint, someone would somehow do something that would spoil it for us in some way . . . . . .

. . . .but then again the fall out from if we did run away to get married might be even worse! 


It should be about us!! Just us and our children no one else!!!! 

♥ Hope ~ Courage ~ Faith ~ Strength ♥


No comments:

Post a Comment