Wednesday 19 September 2012

Getting my faith on . . . .

Catholicism is a way of seeing
Catholicism is a manner of life
Catholicism has a distinctive texture,feel and resonance
It all begins with and revolves around Jesus Christ, the Word of God

So my journey begins, I attended my first meeting tonight to 'enquire' about becoming a catholic. Although I suppose my journey began along time ago, I was brought up as a Christian, my Mother attended church and had such faith in God and in people. I never really attended church although I did go to Sunday School at the Salvation Army. I was one of only two people to get 100% attendance, not sure if that was more my parents wanting me out the way for an hour or two or if it was a me searching even as a child for answers.

After my Mother died from cancer that horrible disease I struggled to believe in anything. How could there be a God, who would do such a thing to a kind loving person. She believed in him, she believed in the goodness of people and yet she had cancer. My solution to this was to not to believe in anything any more! Such an easy cop out! 

Then I met my partner and we became pregnant with our first baby, a week after we found out I started bleeding. For the first time in many years I prayed. Thankfully everything was ok baby was fine! My partner is catholic and asked that any children of ours went to catholic school and became baptised. I agreed to that but I asked that he would prove his faith as such by going to church. ( I honestly expected a few visits then for it all to tail off). 

The first time we went was Remembrance Sunday and I was about 28 weeks pregnant feeling very self concious, but it was nice and everyone seemed friendly. Things happened he was working and I was in lots of pain so we never really got round to going back again until our little girl was 5 weeks old and it was Easter Sunday, since then we have never looked back, it is like someone described it tonight like coming home. 

So my journey continues, my Father supports me, my partner supports me and I am looking forward to sharing this experience with my awesome children!

♥ Hope ~ Courage ~ Faith ~ Strength ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment