Thursday 28 November 2013

One of the many reasons I love my partner <3

I can't sleep and I lying here going over the past couple of years in particular my almost obsessive need to breast feed. I actually mix fed. Formula does have its place. I am not interested how a baby is fed breast milk or formula as long as baby is fed!
Anyway I suffered with antenatal and postnatal depression, add in a bit of suspected ptsd.I avoided them too for my depression although I did take pain medication. Anyway eventually I was prescribed sertraline, it was my partner who said to the doctor she needs something she can bf with. He knew that even though I did mix feed because I have a chronic pain condition my supply suffered because I sometimes would not be able to feed and had to express which just didn't seem to work for me.
But anyway my baby was about 9 months and not long after that started to prefer food we blw. So I think we stopped at 10/11 months because as selfish as it sounds I needed to concentrate on myself and be able to take decent pain medication and start to look at getting myself 'better'.
So truthfully I am glad we did mix feed and he got every drop that I could manage for him. But I am also really happy that we did stop it was time, that is me and baby both realise it was time to stop and for me to focus on my physical health which was impacting my mental health.
I am going to tell my lovely partner today how grateful I am that even though he  saw the woman he loves at her lowest actually on the brink of suicide he  recognised that if I stopped feeding I would feel a failure. He is wonderful and I don't tell him that enough!
Life is good and thank goodness for my children, my partner, my family and friends and of course our Lord!
God bless x

No comments:

Post a Comment